It's so beautiful this morning. I'm sitting on my back porch...watching the birds eat the food I put out for them.....watching the sprinkler give the lawn and plants a drink. It's just so peaceful. The birds are chirping happily....flying quickly through the sprinkler every once and a while to cool off and then getting a drink from the bird bath every so often. The chimes in the tree are singing away....the wind rustling the leaves in the tree. It's just all so peaceful. Hard to imagine that in just a few hours this same place will be over 100 degrees. That's hot! Well, the plants obviously love the heat and water.....they're green and blooming full of color all over the place. My passion vine along the fence is absolutely gorgeous. The other day we had 30 blooms on it! It was unbelievably beautiful. My garden reminds me so much of God's love and nurturing. Yes, I may give the yard and plants water....but it's not because of me that it has life in it. That's my Father's doing. I just tend to the garden....watering, pruning, cutting the grass....He is the life sustainer. He is the reason it is all alive and why it is so beautiful. I love being out here in the mornings. I feel so close to God just sitting out here. It just reminds me of His love and tenderness. A hummingbird stopped by earlier.....seemed he wanted to get his wings wet....he dipped a few times through the sprinkler....and hovered in the droplets for a little bit. Then took off. It was really cool. I can truly understand that God's love is like water flowing....gives a whole new meaning to it. The way the animals and plants are drawn to water....and how they are blessed by it. The Lord is the ultimate WATER! Anyway....enough of my ramblings. My new life begins today.....I've asked Jesus for strength, perseverance, vision, hope, encouragement, longevity, and love. I need all of these things from Him. Thank You Jesus.....especially for Your love.
**NEWSFLASH!**
A giant blue jay has decided to hang around the garden today! He stopped by earlier to drink from the bird bath.....and he just decided to take a nice long double-dip bath in the bird bath! It was incredible to watch! I tried to video tape it....but by the time I got my phone/camera all ready, the whole thing was done with. : ( Oh well....it was great to watch! I love my garden!
No comments:
Post a Comment